Wednesday, December 17, 2008

groundhog day

If you have ever seen the Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day you will know what I am talking about, if you haven't you are probably a female or an idiot. No, no, I am not comparing the two, it just isn't a very female friendly movie. Ok, if you are a female and have seen it and do like it, you probably are the type of gal that always had a lot of guy friends, or you really like Andie McDowell and those are entirely different stereotypes all together. Sorry, now back on track, this day has sort of felt just like the day before. I am in the early stages of a deep cyclical abyss. Wake up, breakfast, work, work, work, come home, sit, blank out, sleep and ZZANG!! The alarm sounds again. For all that is great about my 7 days off of work, the pendulum swings the other way into all that is miserable. Now, most normal people do not suffer, at least in this measure, from the boredom of the everyday working man's life. However, my senses are acutely attuned to how bloody miserable each ticking second can be when you are working for someone else, doing job as a means to an end, or just working period. Working is a curse. Although I have always had a pretty low tolerance for pain so it is probably the fact that I am a huge vagina which doesn't allow me to deal well with the fact that I am overpaid for a job that is not that difficult, and it gives me all the means to all the ends I need. I may be in a fortunate position, nevertheless, it is my also good fortune that I still don't feel bad complaining about it. Besides, there is always another rung to cling to on the societal ladder. There are plenty of folks a rung or two ahead going, "man, that guy's job sucks", while the rest of you climb upward in hope. Just remember, we are all on the same damn ladder and eventually that climb all leads to the same place. Why what place is that? uuhhh, Death... Well that is not really a place, more a state of being, or not being. Anyway, don't be jealous of your neighbor, "I believe the bible says that", because your neighbor may get hit by school bus," I don't believe the bible said that." Well, enough about religion, there are more pressing matters at hand like politics. The government has robbed most of you good folks of your personal freedoms, finances, decisions, and futures all the while touting your provided safety in the American blanket for the past few years. Some of this may be true, but don't doubt the lasting affect of these times. Just ask all those Talibani who helped their parents and grandparents defeat the Soviets that were spraying gunfire and bombs down on their village like a Sam's club size can of Raid. I think they forgot. Which is certainly understandable considering the state that we left things in decades ago. It is amazing how fast history can repeat itself. Although most of Americans do want to bring our troops home, we certainly have an obligation to clean up the mess that we created. There is much to be done in order to restore any sort of groundhog day in the lives of the Iraqi's and they may not have one for some time. As for me, time for bed and time to realize how good it is to wake up to the same old over privileged day. awhhheewww. I gotta stop there. This was quite a rant that ran right off a cliff. If you catch this maniacal post before it is edited you will get quite a treat, or not. Maybe you should have held out for the abridged version. Until, then....................

No comments:

Post a Comment