Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 11

Last day off and a pretty unproductive week as far as exercise goes, especially for someone who is claiming to be intent on getting in shape. So, I got on the treadmill today and ran just over 2 miles in about 20 minutes. It felt pretty good with minimal pain, which means I didn't go hard enough, and also got in some pushups, 40 or so. Read Dean Karnazes book last night, a great read and a wonderful story about the persistance of the human spirit and the ability to go beyond what seems humanly possible. A good reality check, it makes me realize I need to go a lot, lot harder and try and break down every wall that is placed in front of me. The harder it hurts, the harder I need to push, breaking through these walls is the only way to grow physically and mentally. I hope I have what it takes and shall find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment